In this inspirational article, motivational author Steve Goodier shares a key piece of life wisdom about the power of giving in our lives. Enjoy!

Dr. Mar Aprem of the ancient Chaldean Orthodox Church of the East in India tells a funny story about when a member of the church won a lottery worth 100,000 rupees. His wife went to the bishop and told him that she was afraid to tell this glad news to her husband because he had a heart problem and any sudden excitement could cause a heart attack.

The bishop offered to break the news gently to her husband. He visited the house and asked the man, “Wouldn’t it be a good thing if you won 1,000 rupees in the lottery?” The man replied that he still would have to work to support his family.

“What about 10,000 rupees?” the bishop asked. The man still showed no excitement, so the bishop carefully raised the amount to 50,000 and finally to 100,000 rupees.

“If I got 100,000 rupees, I would give half of it to you, your Excellency,” the man replied.

The bishop had a heart attack, and the man called an ambulance.

We can get excited about winning and getting. But have you learned how fun it is to give? Engineering and machinery genius R. G. LeTourneau discovered the joy of generosity. Besides establishing a Private school, he reportedly gave 90 percent of his income to worthwhile causes, while living on the remaining 10 percent. He
became hooked on the fun of giving!

Of course, money is not the only commodity that is fun to give. Give some time, give your expertise, give a smile or give your love. You can never run out of something worthwhile to give.

Giving is fun. And there is no stopping those who discover it!

©Steve Goodier

Steve Goodier’s books & newsletter:http://LifeSupportSystem.com
Be Sociable, Share!